Upgrading to electrical wiring during your renovations will help you save on your expensive power bills! A household with faulty electrical connections is a huge safety hazard. Electrical shocks and electrocutions can happen if you come into contact with exposed wiring. Here are some upgrades during your renovations that can help:
Important electrical upgrades for your home:
- Upgrading Electrical Panel -Over 80% of households in the US are over 400 years old and designed to use roughly 30-50 amps of power, in comparison modern households use four to five times as much power! An Emergency electrical service can insert a new power that meets the demands of your modern life.
- Reword Electrical Wiring – Renovations involve tearing down walls that may need rewiring in your home. You should consider having electrical contractors remove it for you. The older the house the higher the risk of electrical faults this can be upgraded. Emergency electrical services can install new wires, switches and circuits to keep your house safe.
- Install GFCIs -Ground Fault Circuit Interrupters (GFCIS) meaning devices that turn off the power once an appliance comes into contact with moisture. Recommended by The National Electrical Code to install GFCIs in bathrooms, kitchens, basements and outdoors or any other appliances by water. Installation requires the skills of an expert electrical contractor.
- Set up a charging station – In today’s world with technology nearly everyone owns at least one hand-held device that needs charging frequently. So having a designated charging station makes it a lot easier to keep all charging devices in one place and also freeing all other ports!
- LED Lighting – For better and brighter lighting with less power consumption LED lights help you save on your electricity bills! You can even now get smart bulbs and tubes with warmer colors!
- Installing a Structured Media Center – Smart Houses are growing rapidly, from smart TVs to smart security systems. Installing a Structured Media Center creating a central hub that houses all devices. It also improves the aesthetic of your home as no wires are visible!